To register interest for your Parish Council participating in the Alliance,
Who we are
BAPTC is a loosely associated group of Town and Parish Councils in Babergh District. The objectives for this alliance are to:
- Share relevant & useful information, particularly advice given by Babergh
- Work together to highlight & resolve issues of mutual concern
- Provide advice & support to the Parish & Town Councils in the Alliance
Benefits of Membership
The membership is growing daily. There are now more than 20 Councillors and Clerks registered from Town and Parish Councils in the Babergh area.
Once registered as a member you are able to:
- Participate in the online Discussion Topics of interest to members (Discussion Topics on left hand side)
- View and change your details (Your Details)
- Update your password (Password)
- View other members details (Membership)
- Upload and access shared documents (Documents)
- Update Notices on the home page (Web tab at the top of the page)
- Publish Meeting notices (Web tab)
How BAPTC works
All Parish and Town Councils in the Babergh District are invited to join the Alliance nominating one, or more representative to attend the meetings. Representatives should obtain permission from their Council to act on their Council’s behalf.
The Alliance will meet monthly at a location hosted in rotation by one of its members. The host will chair the meeting and take the minutes. Initially, the Alliance will run for one year, then depending on how members felt about its effectiveness, a decision would be taken as to whether it should continue.
Representatives will be encouraged to come to the meeting to discuss specific problems facing their Council. If there is sufficient interest from other Councils, they will form a working group to pursue these issues under the banner of the Alliance.
The strength of the Alliance as a lobby group will come from its breadth of membership and common interests. However, councils may maintain links with the Alliance without being obliged to become signatories to every document or undertaking produced by like-minded Councils.